By Dr. Joel
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans
- 1 can (14 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 6 – 8 medium/large tortillas
- In a small/medium pot, combine the quinoa and water, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 13 minutes.
- Remove lid, let sit 10 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- Set aside.
- In a large pan or pot, heat water over medium heat, add onion and saute for 4 minutes, add bell pepper and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and corn, cook another 3 minutes or so (cook veggies until they are as soft as you like, I prefer mine to be a little al dente).
- Add the black beans, quinoa, cilantro, cumin, chipotle, garlic, and salt, continue to cook until heated through.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface, place a mound of the filling in the center, leaving the room all the way around, fold in half, fold up each end, and roll the burrito away from you to completely close it.