By Dr. Eric Grasser
- Whole sugar pumpkin
- Organic wild rice
- Oyster mushrooms, shiitake or maitake mushrooms in ghee or olive oil
- Raisins or Currants
- Cut a whole sugar pumpkin in half, and scoop out the seeds.
- Peel away the skin, and cut the pumpkin into chunks.
- Roast pumpkin on a baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil in the oven on 375 degrees until it’s light brown and tender.
- In the meantime, cook 2 cups of organic wild rice. Use 2 cups rice to 4 cups purified water.
- Then, saute 1/2 cup chopped oyster mushrooms, shiitake, or maitake mushrooms in ghee or olive oil, with chopped fresh sage.
- Next in a dry pan, gently toast chopped hazelnuts.
- When the pumpkin and rice are done. Let the ingredients cool at room temperature.
- In a big bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Then, add unsweetened raisins or currants.
- Mix together, and eat.