By Dr. Joel Kahn
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, washed, de-stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- Poke the potatoes a few times and place in the oven on a tray with parchment paper(just in case the potato leaks, your oven is clean)
- Saute the garlic in a small amount of vegetable broth. Add the kale. Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the beans to the kale and cook just a few minutes. Season to taste
- Cut the potatoes in ½ lengthwise. Top with the bean and kale mixture.
- Can add some salsa to this if desired.