By Dr. Joel
- 1 -15 OZ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Mirepoix from Trader Joe
- 1 sweet potato, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 handful spinach
- Cook the Mirepoix and garlic in vegetable broth over medium heat. Add the spinach.
- Cook the sweet potato in a pot of water, until you can pierce easily with a fork
- Put the rinsed beans, mirepoix and potato in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the seasonings. Add the oatmeal and process.
- Put the burger mixture in a bowl in the refrigerator while you clean up.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Form the patties and place on the parchment paper
- Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes. They should be firm. Flip with a spatula and bake another 10 minutes or so.
- These freeze well.
- Serve on a toasted bun, with favorite trimmings.