From Reena’s Kooky Kitchen
A series of kooky yet nutritious recipes I concoct daily to feed my taste buds AND my health! Hope you enjoy, and please share comments if you are brave enough to try these recipes!
Deliciously Healing Red Pasta- Gluten and Dairy free!
- Organic red lentil pasta -1 box
- Organic roasted butternut -1 cup
- 2 Carrots grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 Broccoli flower grated -about 1 cup
- Extra virgin Olive oil -2 tablespoon
- Ginger (sliver to taste)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt (to taste)
- Pinch of Pepper
- Coriander (chopped 1/4 cup)
- Apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Cook the pasta al dente as directed on the box
- Add soup, grated carrots, broccoli, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar
- Cook till well blended then add the oil, coriander, and ginger at the end
- Serve warm immediately with a topping of pine nuts!
- Why do I add olive oil at the end? Apparently, the best way to benefit from cold pressed extra virgin olive oil is to eat it uncooked. By adding oil at the end I preserve the nutrients! The pasta cooks in water and soup so it doesn’t really miss the oil!
- You can add any medley of vegetables that are in season.
- I add grated vegetables to make them harder for my teenager to pick them out and not eat them!
- Coriander isn’t everyone’s fav, so feel free to replace with parsley, dill or Italian seasonings. I like coriander for its tremendous detoxification power.
- While pine nuts are optional they really enhance the flavor!
- If you’re trying to heal your gut you can cook this recipe in bone broth instead of water.
- Not a fan of butternut squash? Try roasted red bell pepper soup instead (unless you’re staying away from nightshades)
- Missing the cheese? You can always crumble some Kite Hill almond cheese on top, yumm!!
Never miss her articles, subscribe to our blog alerts here >