A mild, relaxing tea with a delicate flavor, it contains oils that relax the smooth muscles in the stomach. Three cups daily will ease indigestion, irritable bowel problems, and colitis.
- 1 tablespoon of 100% pure chamomile flowers with a strong, fresh apple aroma
- 1 cup of water
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Crush herb leaves and/or flowers, and place them in a dry teapot, or use tea bags. To assure potency, use only herbs that are fragrant.
- Pour boiled water over the crushed herbs or tea bags. Let steep, covered, for the time indicated. (The average time is 10 minutes for a medicinal effect.)
- If using crushed herbs, place a strainer over the tea cup, and pour. Drink as needed, up to three times a day.
- Use 1 tablespoon of flowers per cup of boiling water.
- Take for 2 months or more for chronic problems.