By Dr. Joel
- 6 organic apples-washed and chopped. I leave the peel on
- Stevia or Monk fruit to taste
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- ¾ cup Gluten free organic oatmeal
- ¾ cup flour (I use oat flour to keep this dish GF)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup earth balance, let it sit at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Toss apples with stevia and dash of cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Mash the room room temperature Earth Balance into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish.
- Pat the topping gently until it is spread even.
- Bake in preheated oven until you see bubbling, about 35 minutes.